Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Ubiquity of Safety

An ode to our protectors

Yudhistar, or more evocative moniker – Dharmaraju, quoted a famous line: ‘the most interesting thing in the world is “people die every day yet rest live as if they are immortal”’.

Whenever I evoke this beautiful sentence, it feels different. Feeling which I couldn’t pen down. We may list many reasons which make us unaware for ‘fear of death’. But the only reason for having reasons for this unawareness is feeling of safety and secure is YOU. Your presence at borders securing through land, air and water. The hope you give to us by seeing sunrise, walking through roads and streets, having lunch with family and friends, late night parties, sound sleep in colorful dreams. It’s like a Groundhog Day, happy and living the dream.

                You fighting with days, nights, seasons, enemies and emotions of your families oxygenates our lives. Everything you does is not like a duty our government officials does inside the country. You take it as a responsibility protecting family of 1.25 billion. How can we make ourselves worth protected?

                We didn’t met each other. We haven’t seen each other faces. We are from different areas, ethnicity, culture, religion. We speak of different languages. Yet you care for us without expecting anything in return. You fight for the nation, nation that calls under the same name, pins our heart with same flag. What can we give you?

                I dint think of you until my friend suggested to write something about you. I know you are there all the time watching over us. When I am writing this article, my thoughts struck for sometimes. In all lines I referred you as “YOU”. This article can also be read in perspective of GOD. Wait a minute, I didn’t see GOD, we didn’t see GOD, and we didn’t see YOU too. All we need from GOD is safety and protection. Unlike us and like HIM, you too don’t see the barriers between us. In return, what can we show you?


                This writing has to end somewhere with a dot, but not our love towards you and you caring for us. Thank-you seems to be the least word to repay you. The only way we can show ourselves worth protecting is by living far from intolerances and chaos our politicians create. WE STAY UNITED.

No comments:

Post a Comment